Monday, January 18, 2021

2021 Woodpecker ~ Bird #10

 
SOLD!

4X6" miniature original watercolor - A Painting A Day

$145. (unframed)
Available to the 1st person to email
(framing $35 - shipping available at cost)
If unsold by 1/20 the price goes to $275

My first woodpecker. He has a totally different shape to him than the other birds. I draw free-hand and admit I erased several times and started over twice! I have been reminded that the bird is my focal point and needs to fill the paper, while I tend to get hung up on the overall scene.  After several attempts I am pleased.


THOUGHTS:
2021 starts my 15th year blogging and painting "A Painting A Day" I never expected to still be doing this and every year Linda asks if I want to stop, but I actually enjoy it. Most days anyway, sometimes there is pressure to finish a painting when there are other things I need or want to do. But the pressure is mostly self inflicted. Anyway; I read an article by the founder of "A Painting A Day" back in 2006 and I thought, "I could do that". Maybe a way to cut back on my hectic show schedule. I already painted daily so it was not a new discipline for me, just a smaller size. I like the idea that someone who loves my work can still get an original, one of a kind watercolor painting within a reasonable budget. These little gems still take me 5-7 hours to complete. Anyway, the reason for this story was to share that since that first year, Linda has ordered a book featuring each year of the blog. It literally has my whole life for the past 14 years. Every painting, every trip, and lots of thoughts and stories. Kind of cool.


This is my 2020 book... it just came today.


No comments: