Friday, August 16, 2019

Setting up...

UPDATE on Mount Gretna Art Show: they moved me back to my original space but faced me forward towards the walkway.  So you can find me almost at my same space!!

I am sure you have pondered what goes into setting up for an art show!  Wishing you could help...  but you cannot. Linda and I have it down to a science, each has a job and we do not even have to talk the whole set up and pack up.
Saves the marriage!!

Today I was getting ready for the Mount Gretna Art Show.  First, check in with the show committee and get a show packet then find my 10x10 plot of land.   I have to park way behind the trees and dolly in!  I tell Linda this is why I have to ride my bike so much, to stay in shape to dolly my show stuff!!  She probably does not buy that but it is worth a shot!  Now I lay my rug, nailing the rug into the ground to keep people from tripping over it.
Next the frame for the tent. This is like setting up an old school tent from camping! Poles everywhere that snap together.
Placing the top on the frame.
















Legs added, raise it up, zip on sides.  Have to think rain and keeping my paintings dry!
















Place the racks for optimal display of my fabulous work.






Hang my sign,  covers over the racks, uppers added and now attach everything together so it's all one secure unit.  Add awnings to three sides.


I stake the legs into the ground and I am adding 50lb weights to each corner.  Prepared in case of a storm.  Considering how uneven the landscape is here, it looks pretty good.  So two of us working and we were taking our time this took about 4 hours!


I still have to bring in my paintings and they all need hung up but that gets done very early Saturday morning.  Now, as promised because of all her help today, Linda gets treated to a sundae from the Jigger Shop.

No comments: