Monday, April 16, 2018

2018 Still Life #17

4"x 6" Miniature Original Watercolor
$300.

Some pretty great jugs!  Again, I am working on my technique of softening my lines.


My weekend:  I must admit to spending all day Saturday riding my bike.  I could not help myself, the weather was so nice.  I spent all day Sunday at the hospital with my brother's family while they go through a difficult family emergency.


An update on my larger painting:
I continue to add thin layers of washes, building the color and deepening the shadows. This is slow tedious work and it cannot be rushed or you end up with a muddy mess.  Notice the difference in wood color between the inside cabinet and the outside of the shutter.  The bottom of the cabinet is in shadow so it becomes darker without loosing the detail. The shadows from the window extend from the shutter down the wall.  Next will be to work outside the window.










No comments: