Thursday, April 12, 2018

2018 Still Life #16

SOLD!
4"x 6" Miniature Original Watercolor
$125. (unframed) Available to the 1st person to email.
If unclaimed by 4/14 at 7pm the price goes to $250!

I know, I know... another pear... but I love them.
I like experimenting with different ways to paint them. 
Nothing you would notice but I am trying to achieve a softer
look. Knowing where my highlights are without actually drawing
them in...  this all takes practice, yes practice even after
38 years of painting!  This is a really well done pear!


NEWS:  I am listed as #7 in the top 60 Watercolor Blogs! 
click to view!  Wow.. I have no idea how they find me but
I am honored.



An update on my larger painting:
Here is a closeup view of the work on the shutter.



My paintings have multiples of thin washes, working around
the highlights.  Other mediums add the white highlights at
the end of the painting.  With watercolor you must work
around the highlights. 



I just dry it and keep layering washes of color to get the
shade and depth I want.  This painting has a lot of wood;
the window, paneling and shutter.  But its the warmth and
shadows that interest me. 























Did you know...
with watercolor you do NOT use white paint.
You must look at your painting and map out the highlights
and save them.  You build your painting from light to dark.
The paint is water with a bit of color allowing the paper
to be your light coming through the color.  That fascinates
and challenges me.

No comments: