Monday, August 15, 2011

Angel Statuary

4"x6" original watercolor
Contact the Studio ~ $200.00
As you know we have been visiting cemeteries
to view the sculpture.  There are some beautiful
pieces there.  Linda has been after me for a while
to paint a few and I had been dragging my feet.
Mostly because it was something I had never done
and required some thought on my part.  So yes, I am
out of my comfort zone!  I needed to think in
monochromatic terms and make concrete look 3D. 
This is my first attempt.  I also have a large one
started.  I will show the drawing when I have it
completed.

Plan on attending the Mount Gretna Show
this Saturday and Sunday...  more info to follow.

I have one last "Cut Glass" print  #422
available for $100.00. (shown on blog: July 28)
Several "Harvest Shadows" at only $15.00 (blog: July 24)
and a few "Trumpets of Hope" at $25.00 (blog: July 31)
Call or email and I will hold one for you!  I do not have
these at the shows so you need to order it.

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

You've done a fine job on the cement angel, Andy. I love cemeteries. I'm not sure what it is...maybe the souls of all within calling to me. Something so sad about them but also so hauntingly beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Lovely. I chose this as one of my favorites today on Rosa's Picks. I hope you'll come by and check it out! Thanks, Rosa

Linda said...

I'm looking forward to more cemetary statutes! This angel is great. Reminds me of the art on the slip covers of a couple of John Connolly's books -- The Lovers and The Black Angel -- http://www.johnconnollybooks.com/novels.php.