Friday, February 18, 2011

Female Cardinal

4"x 6" watercolor
$275.00 Studio Price ~ SOLD!

I need to give credit to one of my watercolor
students, Amy Hoyer who happens to be a
pretty good photographer. She allowed me to
use her photo for reference. This was from
the ice storm we had a few weeks back.
When I first started painting, years ago, I painted
lots of wildlife; I never thought of myself as
a "wildlife" painter, but I still enjoy it occasionally.

For the past few days I have caught Linda gazing
longingly out into the gardens... usually it's me who is
antsy to get outside. I finally rode my bike this morning
managing 23 miles and it felt GOOD!!!
This afternoon I followed Linda out onto the patio,
I painted while she puttered. You can see a the cut up Christmas tree that is
being prepped for our new Bottle Tree.

4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Gorgeous little bird who shines against this background. Beautiful work, Andy.

Anonymous said...

What do you do with a bottle tree?

Sunny said...

Beautifully done. I love glowing bird and branches against the darker stormy background.

Darlene Twitchell said...

Beautiful cardinals Andy! I love them both!