Friday, January 7, 2011

Santa Monica #2

4"x 6" Original Watercolor
Studio Price: $225.
Another scene from our Santa Monica
morning walk. Lots of interesting architectural
iron gates, stucco buildings and a little bit of
sunshine!
Picking Shows continued:
How to find the shows. In the old days I
used magazines like Sunshine Artist and
The Harris Report which listed shows and
gave showing information. Also word of mouth,
an artist would tell you of a show they did or heard
about. With computers all has changed.
If you go to Google and type in "art show in Lititz PA"
The local art show in my home town will show up.
I used to have to find a phone number for the
show and call and ask for an application to be sent to
me before I knew any of the show information.
Now all the info you need is at your fingertips.
I still use the magazines, several on line lists, still chat
with my artist friends and even take suggestions from
clients. And after 30 years show applications just show
up in my mail!

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

I knew this was CA. Perfect capture to convey a place, Andy. That seems like it would be difficult to do with such a small snapshot of a place but you've done it magically!