Monday, February 2, 2009

Winter Series #24

4"x 6" original watercolor
SOLD

This is a common sight here in Lancaster
County. I never paint our Amish from
the front out of respect but it is hard
to resist a view from the back. I am sticking
with my winter scene but adding a little
Lancaster County twist. This was an open
buggy, I believe used as a courting
buggy or for young people.

We have had a few rough days trying to make
wise decisions concerning my Mom. We are
at day 4 in the hospital with no improvement
in her mobility. So today we faced the decision
of a nursing facility and had to break the news

to her that she was not coming home with us.
This change should happen tomorrow and I am
not looking forward to it. I have been painting
my blog at the hospital so I can sit with Mom.
My February classes start tomorrow so it will

be a busy day.

No comments: