Sunday, December 28, 2008

Holiday Door #6

4"x 6" original watercolor
SOLD

The architecture in Georgetown is
extraordinary. A sunny day creates
such nice shadows. I loved the gas lamp
that was burning even during the day.
On this house, the bricks were painted
white. The pale green door really sets
off the dark green of the wreath.

My commission was well received today
so I am greatly relieved! I have one more
to get finished. The blog is taking a bit longer
than usual, the subjects are complicated. A

lot of "painting a day" artists are able to paint
single objects in 1-3 hours but mine are really
full paintings just small in size and are taking me
4-7 hours. That does not leave much time for
my other larger work. These are selling so I
am not complaining! It is time for Linda to
work on the 2009 show schedule. It is hard to
get excited when the economy is still so tight.
Funny, gas is down so I can afford to travel
anywhere but now no one has cash to come
to art shows!!


Remember...
Discount on new prints ends 12/31/08, order now!
Classes start 1/6/09, sign up now!

A room hung with pictures is a room hung with thoughts.
- Sir Joshua Reynolds

No comments: