Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Marbles in Sunlight

4" x 6" original watercolor
SOLD

This cabinet sets inside my front door and
some days there is this wonderful morning
light that floods in. I keep experimenting with
different objects and watch how the light changes.
This antique jar is full of old marbles. Normally
the marbles are full of color but with light across
them they get more translucent. I was not sure
I could get the feeling I wanted using watercolor
paints however I am pretty happy with this one.

We spent a lot of the day experimenting with
chairs and bed rails with my Mother today. The new
chair we got yesterday did not work but the bed rail is
great. Everything takes so much time. I did get to
paint all afternoon and went with Linda to Yoga for
an hour. I still have a bit of framing to get squeezed
in tonight before bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andy, I love this marble jar! It seems like the everyday subjects really "shine". You do a wonderful job on the wood grain. Great work!