Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thursday evening update...

I am leaving in the morning to set up for my
weekend show...
June 7-8 Frederick Festival of the Arts
Held along Carroll Creek Linear Park in Historic
Frederick, MD ~ Space #19
Sat. 10-7 and Sun. 10-6 ~ rain or shine
Excellent quality!
Visit the Promoters website: http://frederickarts.org/

I finished my commission and it was picked up
today. I normally try not to take portrait
commissions however this was a special request.
I coached this young lady when she was is in
Middle School. I watched her grow into a beautiful
young lady and a wonderful athlete. The request
was to paint her in her sport of pole vaulting.
I have her mid stride with great form.
My focus was the "athlete". For the background I painted
spectators in a
distorted form,
so as not to detract
from the main focus.
This is almost a
full sheet watercolor
and is 25"X29"
framed. I took one
full day to work
out the composition.
Then a full week
of working day
and night including
a few all nighters.
This is an intense way to work on a
commission and does not leave
much time for mistakes or second guessing.
I was finishing the backing
paper and wire while my customer waited...
yes, I cut it a little closer than I should!

This weekend I will be demonstrating a larger
painting at the show but as soon as I get home
I am planning to get back to a regular blog schedule!
Thanks for your patience...

No comments: