Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Cherry Blossoms in Washington DC

6" x 4" original watercolor $275.00
contact: andy@andysmithartist.com

I think I handled "pink" pretty well.
This view is the Cherry Blossoms in Washington
DC. I have a branch in the foreground. Then
the tidal basin with a row of cherry trees along
the water with other trees in the background.
Notice the little bit of pink reflection in the water
near the trees. It shows up better in the original.

I kept focused on my painting because I needed
to finish by 3:00. The weather finally cleared and
it even got warm. So the track meet went well.
The girls won but the boys lost. I was still pleased
since it is so early in the season.

Obama was in my town of Lititz yesterday picking up
chocolate! I missed him... It is the talk of the town.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Just what I needed to remind me that Spring is finally here.