Tuesday, February 19, 2008

1933 CadillacV16

6" x 4" original watercolor $300.00
contact: andy@andysmithartist.com

My interest in painting cars is not over!
I had to try again. I liked the sleek lines
of this old Caddy. The color is black but
with such a high gloss that the grass is
reflected in the paint. I find it interesting
to paint a limited view of the car. In
the first two car paintings I focused on the
front end, but this side view is intriguing
to me.

I taught two classes today plus my blog
so that did not leave much time for any
thing else. I did squeeze in an early
morning bike ride. It's 10PM and I am
quitting for the night.

2 comments:

Austin Maloney said...

I like your style and choice of subject matter.

Andy Smith, artist ~ watercolors said...

Austin, THANK YOU!
It is a new subject area for me and I am enjoying myself. Great skill practice for watercolors.
Andy