Monday, June 10, 2024

2024 Landscape #16


mini original watercolor  $225
While scouting what I wanted to paint for the Quick Draw I saw this view.  I think it is part of the Moravian complex.

The Lititz Quick Draw went well.  2 hours to start and finish a painting.  You sit outside and draw on site.  This is way out of my comfort zone.  Yes I paint outside at shows but I am using my own reference not sitting in front of it live.  I am a studio painter.  Plus I take hours on my paintings, even my mini paintings are 4-6 hours each.  This was 2 hours, I had to hustle and the overall style was much looser.  It is the Mueller House on Main Street.  AND as an extra bonus...it SOLD right away!



1 comment:

sally said...


Andy, The quick draw house is so fine! The buntings. I like the loose style. And the color palate. SLV