Thursday, April 11, 2024

2024 Tulips #2


SOLD!   $145 (unframed) 4x6” mini original watercolor
Available to the 1st person to email
(framing 8x10 $35 - shipping available at cost)
If unsold by 4/13 the price goes to $225.

Fields of tulips... from Burnside Tulip Farm in Virginia.
I can usually mix any color I need but the vibrancy I need for tulips I cannot duplicate. I may need to buy a few new colors.


Reminder... this Saturday

Saturday, April 13 from 10-4
at 4 N. Spruce St. Lititz, PA

Stop in and check out my studio.
Enjoy a little chit-chat and watch me paint.
Spend some time in Lititz!


_________________________
Yesterday's Road Trip Update:
I don't know how Linda does this, she puts together a tour that just flows and the timing worked well.  All three houses had excellent knowledgeable tour guides who gave a great history lesson.   We had a full day, driving a giant loop from 8am to 7pm.  I learned that stops 2 & 4 had enslaved peoples...  in Pennsylvania! I have lots of inspiration for new paintings so keep watching!

Stop #1  Saint Peters Village, PA
breakfast at Saint Peters Village Bakery
Excellent breakfast!  Would stop here if driving by.
walk the street: not too exciting, only one block. I think this is just a weekend thing. None of the shops were open. This has been on our list to stop for a long time but probably would not go back.
100 W King St  Pottstown, PA  
Looking back, this was my favorite, loved the time period and found lot to paint!  
5 Haldeman Road  Schwenksville, PA 
A governor of PA!  Not my style to paint but very good tour. George Washington encamped here, twice!

Stop #4    Peter Wentz Farmstead   
2030 Shearer Rd  Worcester, PA
 restored 18th-century historic site and working farm, reminded me a bit of Landis Valley in Lancaster.  A lot of work was done and undone on the buildings.

Stop #5
    Dinner at Basta Pasta in Skippack, PA.  Capped off our day with a bit of pasta!


No comments: