Monday, April 29, 2024

1st Place...

 We spent a few days in Williamsburg, VA    Thursday was a driving day, we go the back way and stopped at a restaurant we really like, Nonna Angelas in Crofton, MD then on to our Air BnB on the York River near Gloucester, VA.  Friday Linda puzzled and I painted then had a very nice dinner at The Whaling Company with Linda's brother and his wife. We had a great time, we only get to see them about twice a year.   Saturday started with an excellent breakfast at Sweet Tooth Cafe in Gloucester then a drive into Williamsburg to check our booth location.  Spaces were not marked so we looked around a bit then drove back.  Sunday was the show in Historic Williamsburg, a show I have been doing off and on for 43 years!  After Covid they moved it off the Duke of Gloucester St and it did not feel like I was in Williamsburg.  This year it was back where it belonged. 

As a bonus, I took 1st Place in painting for my body of work.

I posted this a few years ago but its fun to look back on.  Here we are in 1981.  We look SO young, and I was trying so hard to look professional, I wore a sport coat in those days, AND I had a nice head of hair!  But check out my booth... no tent and wood racks.


Monday was a 5 hour drive home with one more stop for lunch and take out dinner from Nonnas!
Home to unpacking, laundry and I squeezed in a bike ride. Lovin this heat! 

Reminder, this Saturday:  
Spring Arts & Crafts Show by Reading-Berks Guild of Craftsman
Saturday, May 4 from 9am - 3pm
Held at Renningers Farmers Market
740 Noble St Kutztown
FREE! Rain or shine







1 comment:

Mj Candeletti said...

your first place is well deserved! so honored to own 3 of your pieces