Monday, February 8, 2021

2021 Still Life #2

 

 miniature original watercolor - A Painting A Day
 $275 Framed in black wood

Fruit on a platter... loved the harmony of color on this one.  I am guessing its clementines. I have been hanging onto this subject for a year and I cannot remember who sent me the original photo but I loved painting it.   I know I say this all the time, but with daily painting you just get better (more accomplished) and the paint just flows off the brush.   The pleasure for me is being able to relax and simply paint and enjoy the subjects without struggling to know how to paint it.
practice, practice and more practice.

Another uneventful weekend.  I worked on my commission, actually balancing two of them at the moment.   Watched several episodes of Zelda (married to  F. Scott Fitzgerald).  Linda made a great shrimp bisque and that was about all the excitement here.

No comments: