Wednesday, December 16, 2020

2020 Holiday #9


SOLD! 
4X6" miniature original watercolor - A Painting A Day

$145. (unframed)
Available to the 1st person to email
(framing $35 - shipping available at cost and free giftwrapping)
If unsold by 12/18 the price goes to $275

This morning was a quick trip to Ephrata to pick up a gift and on the way back stopped often for Holiday inspiration! Subjects for new paintings. This will be my last post until Sunday night at 7pm. Thursday will be spent shoveling. I live on a corner with our house right up to the sidewalk, right up to the street. So the snow on the front must be carried to a pile on the corner along with digging out 3 cars. Along the side of the house we have a good block but that can go into Linda's garden on the hill. Yes, after years of asking for one, I own a snow blower...but that does not make me like it any better! After we dig out, I need to spend quality time on my commission, Friday and Saturday all day and half the night will be devoted to it.

Thoughts: If you know me you know I do not like winter. I do not handle the cold. My fingers go white and numb. I can't ride my bike. It is cold. I can't ride my bike. I really try to find a bright spot. Yes, it is pretty. Yes, I have painted it and tried to like it. Linda has spent years trying to help me like it, or at least get through it. Years ago she borrowed cross-country skis from a friend, (a real friend would have let me use their Florida house for a few months, but No, I got skis!) After a big snow I strapped them on and went out on the streets of Lititz... I am sorry, it did not do it for me. I really gave it a go. After one time out I gave them back, not my thing Snow shoes were offered, I am not thinking that is any better. So I will ride my indoor rollers and wait till spring!

No comments: