Thursday, August 22, 2019

finished...

I have been using my free time this week to finish my larger original.  This was way out of my comfort zone!  I stood there...in the quiet, with a woodsy pine smell in the air, feeling small among the tall trees and wanted to get that feeling across.  This was from the Hoyt Arboretum in Portland, Oregon.

I did the drawing by hand.  I did not use anything (misket) to save the white areas, the white is the paper showing through.  I simply took my time and painted around things.   It is a green mess until you can separate it out in your mind like a puzzle.

It will be framed 20x24.   I need a title but it is too soon to price it.  I want to live with it a bit so I can let it go later.  I plan to have it available at Open House in November.   

Tomorrow I set up at YorkFest, tt has been 16 years since I last exhibited here and since we were trying to stay closer to home while Linda was healing I thought I would give it a try.  Tell all your friends near York, PA to come see me.

Yorkfest
August 24-25
Sat. 10-5 and Sun. 10-4
Downtown York, PA
I am at the Colonial Courthouse  B2
rain or shine ~ FREE









No comments: