Monday, June 5, 2017

2017 France #1


SOLD!
5"x 5"  Original Watercolor - A 
Painting A Day
France #1
$125. unframed   (value framed: $250.)
Available to the 1st person to email
offer good till 7pm 6/7

This is the front door to our wonderful B&B.

We are back from 10 great days in France.  Linda found these $395 round trip direct flights on British Airways Open Skies.  It included 1 checked bag, 1 overhead bag, meals, movies, a pillow and blanket!  I was told it's a deal we could not turn down and talked our friends the Woodruffs into going along.  My plan is to paint something from each day and give you our itinerary and links,
in case you want more info!  Then at the end of the trip I will backtrack and keep painting!
 

Day 1
We landed in Orley and rented a car.  Our first stop was Chartres.  We checked into Maison Ailleurs B&B.  A splurge for us but it was beautiful and within walking distance of everything we wanted to see.   Then off to the Chartres cathedral - built in the 12th century!! Known for their blue stained glass windows. We had a Cathedral and Crypt tour.  Next was a ride on the La Petit Train for an overview of the historic district followed by a very good dinner at Cafe Blue.  A long and busy 1st day.




Our huge bedroom, I am writing in my journal.






















This gives you an idea of scale.  I am in the courtyard of our B&B looking up to the 2nd floor windows.  Linda, Bruce and Kathy are looking down on me.  





















This does not even begin to show the windows... they did not photo well but I wanted an impression just for my own records. Imagine being surrounded by this beautiful glass.  All removed and saved during the wars.

News:
I was included in the Top 45 Traditional Artists list!  I do not apply to these lists, somehow i get chosen and it just shows up in my emails.  I am thankful!


No comments: