Tuesday, January 17, 2017

2017

Wow, 2017.  That makes this the start of my 11th year of blogging.  I never thought I would last this long!  Sometimes the pressure to get a painting finished in a day is a bit much but mostly I have enjoyed this process and plan to continue.

I had a commission for a surprise Christmas gift that I could not share until after they opened it. I can show you now!  It is a cottage from Mount Gretna, PA.  Not an easy commission, its busy, with interesting angles and lots of small details.  They loved it!



















We just returned from a 13 day cruise to the Southern Caribbean on Norwegian Breakaway.  It was our 1st time cruising and 1st time in the islands.  Linda does not sit still!!   I will say that it was the most relaxing vacation ever.  Usually we are touring and on the move.  The first day or two we hated it.  The ship has 4000 guests plus 1000 crew.  So it was busy and noisy all the time.  Took a while till we found quiet spots to hang out.  Linda read 5 books and I actually read 1 and could have used another.  This ship does it well. Great food, great entertainment with plenty to do, staff was wonderful, and the ship was spotless.  We had 7 ports and of course we did not sit on the beach.  We had 3-4 hour tours of each island.  San Juan, St Thomas, Tortola, St Maarten, Antigua, Barbados and St. Kitts.  I have over 900 photos and plan to start painting tomorrow.  Andy paints the Caribbean...
Stay tuned!

No comments: