Monday, August 29, 2011

Shaker Still Life #17

4"x 6" Original Watercolor
I really do not know what these numbered
boxes were used for... I just liked the look.

Busy day... I painted our cottage windows,
picked up 3 bags of wind blown debris from
our yard, mowed,  painted my blog, and managed to
talk Linda into riding our tandem.  We took
it out to Middle Creek and did about 8 miles.
It was a beautiful night, saw 2 deer, a heron,
and the eagle.

Statue progress...I started laying in my under washes.  The background is
very dark.  Some artist go right to a blackish wash, I
prefer to have more depth with dark and darker areas.
That requires several under washes.  You will see how
I build it as I go along.   She is setting among bushes and
pink roses... again, I am building my greens.






















Click over the painting to enlarge.

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Your statue is looking amazing, Andy, truly. You used a key word that has lit a bulb: building. I need to have more patience. It is my biggest fault. At any rate, love the Shaker furniture and boxes, as always. Michael and I bought a tandem and only rode it once so far. We need to get out there more!