Thursday, September 9, 2010

Two new paintings...

Instead of painting a blog today I spent my
time finishing the two larger paintings I had
been working on. They will be on display
this weekend at Chadds Ford Days.


"On Display" 18"x 24" Watercolor ~ $1800.00
Two ordinary jugs setting in the sunshine.


"Pleasant Hill Morning" 20"x23" Watercolor ~ $2000.00
I consider myself fortunate to spend a
weekend soaking in the atmosphere at
the Pleasant Hill Shaker Village in KY.
I love it there. This rocker was basking
in the sunshine.
For me as an artist, it's all about light...


2 comments:

Painter and Poet said...

Hi Andy,

I clicked on your site and what lovely paintings awaited me. These two new ones absolutely soar!!!
Congratulations.

from Esther

Autumn Leaves said...

Both are exquisitely beautiful pieces, Andy. I love how many of your paintings hearken back to an earlier time in our history. I love that nostalgic feeling I get when viewing them.