Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Portrait Study #10 ~ homeless man in Paris

5"x5" Original Miniature Watercolor
$350.00 ~ Contact the studio

Paris has another side just like all cities.
I walked past this homeless man sleeping
in the middle of the day in a doorway in a
fashionable part of town. I was moved by
the juxtaposition of wealth and poverty.

Our sightseeing in Richmondtown, NY did
not go as planned. Evidently they ran out of
money years ago and there has been little
upkeep. Getting out of Staten Island was
fun! This was the last time to have the
camper out for this year and it was a nice
weekend.
Friday I set up my display and then Linda
and I took a 21 mile bike ride on the tandem.
We had a great time but the hills were killers.
The next two days were spent showing and
home Monday late afternoon. We then got
right to work unpacking and working on the
lawn, moving furniture and fall decorating.
Porchwalk is this weekend and out house is
on the tour. I have been painting, just not blog
pieces, larger ones for Open House. Remember
this time of year I do not blog as often.

Porchwalk:
Friday & Saturday, Oct 9 &10
FREE! Check out the website for more info.
www.moravianmanor.org/artisan.org
Linda will be host at the studio since I need
to leave for another show.

Fall Foliage Art Festival
Held in downtown Waynesboro, VA
Oct 10 & 11
Sat. 10-5 and Sun. noon-5
FREE!

No comments: