Friday, August 21, 2009

Sarlat-la-Canéda, France #9 ~ window

4"x6" Original Watercolor
$275.00 ~ SOLD!

I was attracted to two things in this painting.
First was the unusual colors on the stones,
then the fancy ironwork caught my eye.


I promised to share my next project.
Step 1 I almost always start with a value
drawing in my sketch book. It is mainly to work out
the composition but also because I like to
draw.














Step 2 Get the paper ready. This is
Arches 300lb cold press paper simply taped
to a board with masking tape, leaving a 1"
border around. I do not soak or scrub my paper.
This image size is 15"x17"

Step 3 Draw my composition. It may be a bit
light to see real well.
So far I have several hours into this project.
The drawing must be well planned because
it is my guide, not a lot of room for changes
once I start adding paint.

No comments: