Friday, August 7, 2009

Sarlat-la-Canéda, France #5 ~ Pottery

4"x6" Original Watercolor
SOLD

This is a close up view of some pottery
and a set of stairs. They are a corner
from a large painting I am thinking of
doing. I am studying each part separately
before tackling a big one. This part is all
clay and stone with very little color until
you study it.

Joan was visiting today so I got a very late
start painting. Anyway that is the excuse I
am using! I had to rearrange my van for the
craft show and go scope out my space. I will
need to be out to set up in the dark around
5AM...feel free to come out and help!!

2 comments:

Sheila Vaughan said...

Beautiful colours, paint handling and composition here Andy. The cobblestones in the painting below - I have just the same down the lane at the back of my row of houses. One of the few cobbled streets left around here (Stalybridge, UK).

Joan said...

Phenomenal Andy! Better than I expected when I watched you sketch it out. Excellent!!
xo
Joan