Thursday, June 11, 2009

Lemons and Salt Shaker


Lemons and Salt Shaker 6"x 4" original watercolor
SOLD

I found two lemons and a glass salt shaker
in the kitchen and set them up as a still life.
The lemons are actually more yellow than
they seem on the computer... The white is
my paper. The silver lid was accomplished
with an underpainting of burnt sienna on
the dark areas. Dry it. Then add a deep
mixture of payne's grey. Painting around
the negative spaces. Edge the negative area
around the bottom with a thin touch of
cobalt blue.

Cloud Study #3 6"x 4" original watercolor

With all the storms that have been
rolling through our area I was inspired
by the clouds.

I do not remember if I said why we
are going to France, aside the obvious
sightseeing opportunities. Our daughter
planned a destination wedding to
Saint Fort Sur Gironde. It is about an
hour north of Bordeaux.

No comments: