Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Window Study #13

6" x 4" original watercolor
SOLD

Household items on shelves are being featured today.
I especially enjoyed working on the piece of glass
in front of the window.

The cleaning out the studio is over and there are
no old paintings laying around! Thank you to all
who bid but I could tell some of you had lots of fun.
Now I am back to the regular blog paintings. While
they are small they have all the detail of a full painting
and still take me 4-6 hours to paint.

I had another pretty good weekend, not super but OK.
Weather was perfect, it was full but not packed. We took
Monday to do a little photo taking of Olde Towne Portsmouth,
and then took our time driving home using Rt 13.
We stopped in several little Eastern Shore towns
looking for inspiration. We got home late Monday night.
While it was worth it, being away 4 days makes today
a bit hectic. Linda had lots at her desk to catch up and
I had to unpack the van and paintings. Ran a few errands
and we went to yoga. My Mom slid off the bed again
this morning and did not use her life alert button. I
found her on the floor. She did not hurt herself which is
a miracle. I am not sure what we are going to do...

1 comment:

Sheila Vaughan said...

Nice composition and the ochre and blue tones work really well together.