Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Window Study #11

6" x 4" original watercolor

As you know if you read my blog; I love
the use of light in my paintings. This one
is a good example of that! I've drawn you
into the painting using the perspective of
the table and the distance created by the
scene outside the window. I do not remember
what this room was used for; there is a tool
hanging on the wall. I am rather literal so I
painted it in along with the bench on the right.
But the unifying touch is the light created
by the source outside the window.

I painted, I packed the van and I had track.
It is 9pm and I am still working in the studio.
Linda is a little overwhelmed with all there is
to do before we leave for our show. It is the
first time outside so it takes a while to gather
everything. We are using the camper so there
is all that stuff. In case I run short of time I
want to give the show info. If you live close
please stop out and say hello. Tell me you follow
my blog! Share the show info with anyone you
know. They are calling for scattered storms so
that makes me nervous. Just with show fees and

gas I am out $600 and I am not even selling yet!
Nerves of steel for this job!
May 3-4
ARTS in the PARK held in Byrd Park in Richmond, VA

Sat. 11-6 and Sun. 11-5 ~ rain or shine! ~ Space: Mall-16

No comments: