Saturday, March 15, 2008

Evening #9

5" x 5" original watercolor $275.00
contact: andy@andysmithartist.com

This is the same set of buildings as Thursday's
painting only from a different angle and at
night. If you know me, you know I have a
"thing" for moons and moon light. Another
great study of angles and perspective.

I had a question; what is a wash? A wash is a thin
layer of paint and water. I then use a hairdryer to
thoroughly dry it before adding another wash of
color over top. This is how I build color.

Busy day; we did get up at 4am and were on the road by
5am. Set up for the show and worked until 4:30.
Packed up and drove back to Lancaster. We then attended
a Cancer fundraiser dance. There was a live orchestra and we
danced for three hours. Finally feel OK about our Fox Trot!
It is almost 11 and I need to get to bed. If the weather co-operates

I want to ride with the bike club tomorrow.

4 comments:

"van Vliet" Art Blog said...

Beautiful work Andy. I will be taking my time to look at more and come back often. Gordon

Andy Smith, artist ~ watercolors said...

Thank you Gordon! Enjoy your art journey.
Andy

Sheila Vaughan said...

Hi Andy and welcome to the Daily Painters Gallery. Your work is very honest and evocative of home. It has a lot of feeling to it. I will keep checking back!

Andy Smith, artist ~ watercolors said...

Thank you Sheila, Daily Painters is a very friendly welcoming group.
I hope I can make you all proud! Andy